Please note: this text may be incomplete. For more information about this OCR, view About OCR text.
January 24, 1920
enlarged to its present height of five stories. C.
J. Costello, who has been room clerk there
for twenty-five years, said that the hotel has
slxty-flve rooms and they are all occupied.
This was the second lease made by the United
Cigar Stores during the week, as three days
before the concern leased the Saks department
store building at Herald square for twenty-one
years at $4(K1,000 a year, aggregating tor the
term nearly $8,500,000.
RECORD AND GUIDB
of 1905 moving to its present home, at the
corner of 2lBt street and 5th avenue.
Long-Term Harlem Lease.
Huberth & Huberth have arranged a lease on
behalf ot Judge George L. Ingraham and Phoe¬
nix Ingraham of the block front of 200 feet on
Second avenue, from 126th and 127th streets,
with a depth of 475 feet on 126th street and
500 feet on 127th street, with buildings thereon,
for a long term of years at a gross rental of
approximately $600,000. This plot and build¬
ings were occupied for a number of years by
the Sulzers and known as Sulzer's Harlem
River Parli. The present tenant is the Inter¬
national Film Co., which will occupy the prem¬
ises tor studios and production purposes.
$2,500,000 Broadway Lease.
The R-W Realty Corporation leased for a
term of twenty-one years at a rental of $2,-
500,000 the westerly block front on Broadway,
from 51st to 52d street, from the Girard Trust
Co., of Philadelphia, through Charles R.
Sshliess, of the office of William B. May &
Co. Extensive alterations are contemplated
after the expiration ot the present leases.
War-Time Clubhouse Leased.
Bryan L. Kennelly leased tor the Roman
Catholic Diocese of New York to Irving Finkel¬
stein 15 to 19 East 30th street, through to 20
East 31st st, three and five-story buildings,
75 feet in 30th street and 25 teet in 31st street,
twenty-one years at a net rental of about
Bank Will Pay Big Rent.
The Union Exchange National Bank figured
in a ."^l.OOO.OOO real estate deal, when a lease
was signed for a term ot years for a new home
at the northeast corner of 5th avenue and SOth
street. It will occupy a space ot 80x150 feet
on the ground floor of the proposed new Textile
Building, work on which will shortly be begun.
The basement of the building will be used by
the bank for its safe deposit vaults. In 1903
the Union Exchange National Bank took pos¬
session of its first quarters, at the northeast
corner of 5th avenue and 20th street, remain¬
ing there tor two years, and in the latter part
JAMES S. ANDERSON & CO. rented the 7-sty
building at 35 Ooerck st, facing the Delancey St.
Bridge, for Louis B. Hasbrouck as trustee ot
the estate ot Eugenia B. Underbill to Samuel
Cohen. He will occupy a portion of the build¬
ing for bis own use; also leased for Marlon
Davis Collamore and Emma Collamore Part¬
ridge to Max Lowy the 5-sty building 79 Grand
BASTINE & CO., INC., rented room 805 at
112East mth st to Hiller Fabric Co.; 2d floor
front at 53 East 11th st, to MoralUssee & Fond-
risi: room 804 at 112 East 19th st, to Publicity
Art Service, and the entire building at 1241
Lexington av to N. V. Cody.
BASTINE & CO. leased the 3d floor, 36 East
22 st, to Prime Dress Co.; rooms 401-2-2a, 112
East 19th st, to Interborough Cigar Co., Inc.;
3d floor front, 53 East 11th st, to Abraham
Zeller, and the 12th floor 112 East 19th st, to
M. J. BELMONT leased a lott at 132-4 West
22d st, to Sellable Dress Co.; for Willard S.
Burrows at 56 West 24th st, to Selden Costume
Co.; for S. Wickhiller at 325 4th av to S. Kess¬
ler ; at OS West 15th st to R. & S. Embroidery
Co.; to Edelstein & Brand at 12 West 31st st;
at 5 East 16th st, to Jacobs & Buchman; at
17-19 West 17th st, to Tenbeck Dress Co.; sub¬
leased tor C. & L. Dress Co. the 5th floor
at 9 West 20th st to S. Jeiven; tor League
Dress Co. 2d loft at 259 5th av to Sterling Co.
BRETT & GOODE CO. leased for George Kern,
Inc., the 3d and 4th floors at 350-52 West 38th
st to Alphonso M. Simon at a rental of about
.f.-.O.OOO, and the 6th loft at 131-63 West 26th
st to Karash & Eisen. These latter tenants
were represented by Spear & Co.
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD, INC., leased for
the Oliver Continuous Filter Co. offices at 299
Madison av, and tor the Park Ave. Operating
Co. offices at 512 5th av, to Mathieu & Golr
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD leased for Doug¬
las L. Elliman & Co.. agents, an entire floor in
the Higgins & Seiter Building to the Lamson Co.
for executive offices.
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD, INC., leased for
George G. Benjamin, Inc., the corner store at
the northeast corner ot Madison av and 41st
st to Arthur R. Womrath, Inc., for new fiction
CUSHMAN & WAKEFIELD, INC., leased for
Harry A. Rosenberg executive offices at 489
5th av to the U. S. High Speed Steel & Tool
Corporation and for Charles B. Richardson of¬
fices at 299 Madison av to C. V. Hall.
THE BRETT & GOODE CO. leased the 3d
and 4th floors in 794-798 lOth av, about 15,000
sq. ft., to W. L. Cameron Co., Inc., manufac¬
turers of pearl buttons and novelties, located
for the last twenty years in 507-513 West Both
sL Cross & Brown Ctf. was associated In the
W. DEAN & CO. leased the store, basement
and 1st loft at 5 Coenties Slip and 38 Water
st to Kelvin & Wilfrid O. White Co. of Boston,
United States Agents of Kelvin, Bottomley &
Baird, Ltd., makers of the Kelvin compasses,
etc., ot Glasgow and London, England. The
same brokers leased for the estate of Eliza A.
Murphy, the 5-sty building 6 Stone st, now oc¬
cupied as store and apartments, to the National
Lunch Co. who, at the expiration of the prea-
ent lease, will remodel the property for offices
and salesrooms, having It ready tor occupancy
about May 1, 1920. "
DOUGLAS L. ELLIMAN & CO., INC., leased
offices in the Emmett Arcade, 624 Madison av
corner 59th st, for the National Drug Stores
Corp. to the Embossograph Products Corp, and
to Seessel, Haas & Naulty, Inc.
DOUGLAS L. ELLIMAN & CO. (Inc.), in
conjunction with the Wheatley Hills Real Es¬
tate Corp. and Chas. H. O'Connor & Co., leased
for Francis P. Garvin, his apartment of thirty-
five rooms and twelve baths, comprising the
15th and 16th floors at 903 Park av, corner
79th st, to Allan A. Ryan, furnished, for the
season. This apartment was held at $40,000, and
is one of the largest and highest priced apart¬
ments in the city.
DOUGLAS GIBBONS & CO. leased tor "Ar¬
thur" ot London, in conjunction with Jockin &
de Florez, the basement store in the Home
Club Building at 17 Bast 45th st, to Madame
Gaby B. Sanlys ot Paris, France, and have
renewed the lease for a long term of years with
Pliny FIsk, the owner; also leased tor the
Yale Club, the basement store at 53 Bast 44th
st, to Jane Crosby Teller. This completes the
renting ot the Yale Club stores ; tor Mrs. Josika
H. rczeg 28 West 10th st, 4-sty dwelling to Mrs.
Henry Blackmer for the winter furnished; for
Henry W. liull 171 East 62d st 4-sty dwelling
to Dewees Dilworth for the winter furnished.
J. B. ENGLISH leased for A. Guffanti offices
in 161 We.st 49th st to Walter Plimmer and
has also leased for Joseph Oatman offices in 727
7th av to W. C. Bell.
ECMUNTREE-SCHLEY CO., in conjunction
with Horace S. Ely & Co., leased tor the New
Tork Life Insurance & Trust Co., as executor ot
INTER-CITY FUEL CO., Inc.
ANTHRACITE COAL BITUMINOUS
DOMESTIC AND STEAM SIZES
SPECIALTY STEAM SIZES
STORAGE YARDS AND DOCKS
67th ST., EAST RIVER, MANHATTAN
29TH TO SOTH STREET, EAST RIVER, MANHATTAN
TELEPHONES: BARCLAY 8420, 8421, 8422, 9143, 9144
INDEPENDENT OF ANY OTHER COMPANY
NO. 15 PARK ROW
NEW YORK CITY